Models of Yesteryear

Forums Matchbox Yesteryear & Collectibles Models of Yesteryear

• This topic has 10 replies, 0 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by  matchboxmarcel.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dan777

Hello anyone,
    Anyone currently collect Yesteryear models? I liked them in the sixties and still do. As of now I do not own any but thanks to ebay will shortly. :D

Anonymous

@Dan777 wrote:

Hello anyone,
    Anyone currently collect Yesteryear models? I liked them in the sixties and still do. As of now I do not own any but thanks to ebay will shortly. :D

I still collect them, its a good time to do so because they are so cheap now. The straw & maroon box releases where made in large numbers and collected by people in the hope of making a fortune, now they realise the mistake they made they are all dumping them so we can pick them up cheap

Dan777

I agree. ebay has tons of them listed for cheap. Speculating on collectibles usually does not work out well especially with massive contemporary mfgr. production. Other people’s loss is my gain! :D

Anonymous

thats exactly how I feel, I am buying collections now getting cars for just £1 – £2 each, sure I get a lot of duplicates but I dont care, the cost is so cheap it doesnt matter

matchboxtom

I still collect yesteryears. Prices are down which is great for collectors like me. Even first series if you are careful can be picked up for $10 or so without a box and with a chip or two.

You can try restoring these too Dan. :-)

Dan777
    Quote:

There’s no shortage of MOY on ebay and good prices too. What a deal. I’m used to being too late and several dollars/pounds short. 😆

Anonymous

just picked up a collection of nearly 60 vehicles for just over £60. I have quite a few of them already but its a great way to take a chance and maybe find a variation or two

Dan777

Wow that is a great deal. I won a batch of 15 vehicles for $33 so not too bad either. All but one model is from the 1970’s.

Anonymous

thats the upside to the lack of value, really great models and not a lot of money to get them.

Dan777

Yes indeed. I just enjoy displaying them. The local 5 & dime store did not carry any Yesteryear models in the mid sixties so I was out of luck. Thanks to ebay my luck has drastically changed. :D The fact that I waited 50+ years to purchase them just make the acquisition that much more sweet!

matchboxmarcel

There are quite some collectors of these beautiful models.
    They meet at the MOYBOYZ forum.

marcel

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.